Hanka Gregušová Band
Hanka started singing when she was a child and was influenced by the music of Chaka Khan, Whitney Houston and Stevie Wonder. Later on she became fascinated by jazz and soul stars like Ella Fidzgerald, Betty Carter, Anita Baker a Natalie Cole.
Hanka cooperated and regularly performed with many professional Slovak jazz musicians. Among them with: “Gabo Jonáš trio” and “Juraj Kalász trio“. Moreover she sang on performed on various occasions with Traditional Band of Fedor Frešo. She cooperated with one of the best Slovak jazz musicians like Matúš Jakabčic, Boris Čelár, Stano Počaji, Luboš Šrámek, Peter Preložník, Palo Bodnár, Ondrej Krajňák, Tomáš Gajlik, Radovan Tariška, Ondrej Štveráček, Milo Suchomel, Jozef Brisuda, Tomáš Baroš, Marián Ševčík, Jozef Dome, Jozef Dodo Šošoka, Milan Ruček.
- In 2005 – Recording of demo CD for presentational purposes with the band - Luboš Šrámek (piano and songs arrangement), Juraj Kalász (double bass and songs arrangement), Marián Ševčík (drums)
- Currently she is finishing her first solo CD – „Reflections of my soul“ on the recommendations of Slovak Jazz Associations, which was edited by Music Fund and will be released at the end of 2007.
- September 2007 – Live guest performance in the TV show METRO on the national Slovak TV - STV2 guest of Ľuboš Šrámek quintet.
- October 2007 – Live Performance in the international and one of the biggest festivals in Slovakia - Bratislava Jazz days – Slovenská Sporiteľňa in Bratislava and Žilina.
- From 2001 – presence – Performed more than 200 concerts in various clubs like Jazz Cafe, Cafe Studio, and Hlava XX in Bratislava, Jazz and Art Gallery in Piešťany and other Slovak cities. She had concerts also in Austria, Czech Republic (Brno and Kromeříž) and on various cultural and social events.
- Performance on private cultural and social events – British Embassy in Bratislava, Hotel Danube, HP, Sodexho, OD Kika, AXON PRO, SME newspaper ball, T-Mobile and for many more international companies.
Hanka Gregušová jazz band is focused on favorite and well known jazz and soul music consisted of jazz standards and soul songs, re-arranged to modern style with the sound of jazz and soul music, which are perfectly completed with smooth and deep voice of the singer.
Currently the band consist of the top professional jazz musicians with many experiences, CDs and music awards who succeeded also abroad (more information on www.hc.sk): Ondrej Krajňák (piano), Tomáš Baroš (double bass), Marian Ševčík (drums) Radovan Tariška (saxophone)
The history of musical career - Hanka Gregušová
- From 1996 - member of rock band "Backstage", where she sang for 4 years and recorded her first TV video clip, demo CD and demo song for radio.
- 2000 – 2001 – Cooperation with famous Slovak rock guitarist Peci Uherčík. Recording of a maxi single produced by Peci Uherčík, which was successfully played in radio. On the maxi single there is duet „Poďme sa rozpáliť“sang with Lasky, front man of famous rock band Para, which was successfully played in radio charts.
- 2001 - Nomination in various categories and also live performance on Slovak Music Awards.
- 2000 – 2001 – Member of a funky band „Razzamatazz“.
- 2001 – Finalist in the music competition called ‘Coca Cola Pop Star‘, organized by publishing company Sony. Awarded by internet voters as an “Internet Pop Star”.
- 2001 – Performing in Washington D.C., Cooperation with professional jazz musicians and live performances within the club scene in Washington D.C.
- 2001 – Recording of a live music show in MIMI’S, prestigious restaurant, produced by Leo Wolf.
- 2002 – Participation in the competition „New Faces of Slovak Jazz“in Bratislava.
- 2002 – Establishment of the band called „HankiFunki“with Rasťo Dubovský and Martin Noris and composition of original soul-funky songs. Recording of a demo and participation in the semifinal of a music competition Coca Cola Popstar, organized by publishing company Sony.